查看: 1763|回复: 1

The boy who should have lived

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2015-3-29 17:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 billzhao 于 2015-3-29 17:23 编辑
9 e7 P% [; v; B  U
0 k$ _7 v" Z3 s  \) W3 X+ \http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes ... o-should-have-lived) G9 x& m0 j: A% A& c1 r8 g1 \

- p7 I* B  |8 j: z3 A0 F: AIt would be great if you would like to spend some time watching the CBC video about this lovely boy, who killed himself at 12. , j, I0 \& T% h& K9 D  N) ~

" ^+ L1 u0 Y! I$ ~The parents want to know why their beloved son killed himself although he had access to the best facilities in Canada. Now the investigation is on going, but I am not sure if they can find anybody or any agency who would like to be responsible for his death.
$ n) z/ D" @8 a* T# S! _6 x. s2 b2 L5 L( i9 H) E0 X  q
In my humble opinion, I have the following thoughts:
7 N! O9 {+ V/ t' @: E5 O2 a0 B
' }3 Z% x0 {9 K& k! B1) The parents, or the cultural values of being independent, which somewhat encourages defiance, are responsible.
: `6 M. _6 F# M, ~, \  D# Z6 B% I3 y- e) q& h& ^3 G) b
2) The teachers should have more authority with regards to the kids who are not respective to the authorities. These kids must obey the authorities in order to learn. It is his lack of respect to his teachers that lead him not focusing on his learning tasks, and disruptive behaviors, rather than psychological or brain reasons.4 z9 V$ d% D+ W: m

) g% C0 n3 T7 t  |: I9 [4 {3) I do not think modern psychology is developed to an extent to solve all the educational problems. His problems should be solved by educational experts, instead of by psychologists, which proved futile to treat him. # i* H+ W! D# I: N
: c5 `0 u1 S& Q0 i- \! p' L0 G
4) He should be included in normal classrooms instead of being excluded. Being excluded from meaningful society lead him to sleepless nights, anxiety, and desperation.' ]5 B; H! U: H" C) x7 n

6 M" p3 e& c! e" K9 v( |
鲜花(77) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2015-4-21 22:33 | 显示全部楼层
Sad. If causes can be identified, more tragedies can be prevented in the future. But as parents, they know their kid best, and they are utmost responsible.
老柳教车
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-3-28 11:22 , Processed in 0.126163 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.