找回密码
 注册
查看: 4013|回复: 3

A Poem - Published by the Washington Post

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-1 13:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
When we were the Sick Man of Asia, We were called The Yellow Peril.9 J0 e1 u4 O. {
When we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat. % F9 D# h7 [" h. Y& }* v
When we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to our open markets.
2 O# X2 e  E$ D) KWhen we embrace Free Trade, You blame us for taking away your jobs.
  K/ Z2 m& p* n8 ]* ^: o. jWhen we were falling apart, You marched in your troops and took what you wanted.
& P' m3 O2 m$ N, S7 zWhen we tried to put the broken pieces back together again, Free Tibet you screamed, It Was an Invasion!
. u5 }7 j4 H) x8 ~When we tried Communism, you hated us for being Communist.1 t$ }- L0 z) T0 D8 B) l
When we embrace Capitalism, you ridicule us for being Capitalist. - p8 Q2 _( z+ |
When we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet.
/ `! f4 J7 d- G) c4 Z( ]  z1 [+ iWhen we tried limiting our numbers, you said we abused human rights.. i3 I5 Z: `% R5 _2 W# ]$ t# P) S
When we were poor, you thought we were dogs.: Y: I1 F* a0 A  P
When we loan you cash, you blame us for your national debt. When we build our industries, you call us Polluters.
+ ?8 x: t' R' s# y& ?. A* S) sWhen we sell you goods, you blame us for global warming.
+ K& d) O6 a. U8 F. KWhen we buy oil, you call it exploitation and genocide.
0 T7 e+ @' [8 H! i; _  cWhen you go to war for oil, you call it liberation. 8 m7 V: H" T2 v+ @7 D
When we were lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of law., W( r% p5 P! Y0 `0 M
When we uphold law and order against violence, you call it violating human rights.
# u$ Z+ Y7 t8 d3 i0 w! @When we were silent, you said you wanted us to have free speech.8 B! E9 I/ L3 G- v( b1 q
When we are silent no more, you say we are brainwashed-xenophobics. 6 O5 g+ p1 ^  ~
Why do you hate us so much, we asked.No, you answered, we don't hate you. 5 m, ]+ |* T; `
We don't hate you either. ( U/ }0 S  J9 a0 ?# x  V% a
8 u3 f6 O7 F, Z# q7 v1 [  ^! T
But, do you understand us?
; ^# b/ A0 T0 h4 H+ X" e9 s: [& s& ~1 p) J5 t7 l/ C+ P
Of course we do, you said,
8 {& L" Y6 M, r$ `6 KWe have AFP, CNN and BBC's
9 @4 _( x# L. ~! J% s- h8 Y- |6 k, H( I+ {* p- \$ x+ X* @! y
What do you really want from us?6 x# ^. v3 s  p9 D: ?+ O1 I/ b' s
Think hard first, then answer...
1 u) i6 a' T5 x) w* q3 {: u* \Because you only get so many chances.
9 Z: h8 I7 u5 z- L: ~Enough is Enough, Enough Hypocrisy for This One World. & L* s' B0 i3 V! H7 G4 g# @
We want One World, One Dream, and Peace on Earth.
# H: `/ |3 H' c+ t& i& [$ O8 b2 Y# hThis Big Blue Earth is Big Enough for all of Us.
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-1 21:20 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(25) 鸡蛋(7)
发表于 2008-5-2 07:10 | 显示全部楼层
好象在"时事政治"版有这poem的中文版?
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-9 18:59 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
Nicely said.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-6-5 06:00 , Processed in 0.156137 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On, APC On.